The shell prompt for the live cd is messed up. the rotating wheel is always there, the
terminal is not set up properly and the cursor(the rotating wheel) keeps scrolling on
each line. I can't even find any older possibly more stable releases of gentoo on the
web site. I was told that Gentoo is a very clean compile, but I can't even get past
unpacking without errors. I hope with a fix for the display the installation will not
be such an annoyance. Hopefully someone can give me a quick fix for this otherwise
frankly there are too many other distributions with easier, quicker and more reliable
installations for me to tinker with this anymore than I have.

1