Chris I <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

  [ ... ]

> I had to go through a bit of trouble to get my synaptics touchpad
> working. It wasnt hard, it was just different than with 2.4 -- it
> threw it into a ps/2 compat mode, which i thought was how the device
> normally worked, wheras I had to change it to use a different mouse
> driver and protocol.

  bah.  lucky bugger, I'm one of the people who have the issue of
  Synaptics support being detected, but not being there.  I had to
  remove Synaptics support from the kernel to make things work.  :-/

  and yes, I will eventually try to produce some constructive testing
  for lkml, it's just that the laptop is currently my main box, and I
  hate booting it...

--
Terje