> Chris I wrote:
>  > As I said, framebuffer, at least for me, refuses to work
> no matter how
>  > hard I try, wheras with 2.4 it worked with so little
> effort it was
>  > eerie. This, I think, is due to the fact that the
> radeonfb is being
>  > worked on (was forked) again, and something broke
> compatability with
>  > either my 7500 mobility, or the flat panel on the laptop.
>
> I assume you have found the framebuffer information on the
> link below?
>
> http://www.codemonkey.org.uk/post-halloween-2.5.txt

I have the same problem with 2.5 / 2.6-test kernels with my 7500
mobility.  In my case the framebuffer does not autodetect correctly (I
get a very distorted display), and only lower resolutions work
properly if I hand-pick them.  The 2.4 series framebuffer works like a
charm without any kernel arguments!  I did try to follow the
differences in the radeon framebuffer code, but a whole bunch of
settings and defaults have changed, and I lost my way.

Anybody know more about this?  I feel I didn't get enough concrete
debug info to report it to the appropriate list.

Gwendolyn.