On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 09:33:16 -0400
"rh" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Just wondering if anyone else has had bad experience with reiserfs.

This strays into the religion arena.  If you search the archives of this
list and others, you will find plenty of opinions - reiserfs is perfect,
reiserfs ate my system, etc.  The same applies to ext3, xfs, etc.

Personally, I've been using ext3 for a couple of years and see no reason
to switch.  I've survived numerous power outages and hangups with nary a
glitch.  The only hint of a file system error was a few months ago.  A
particular directory would list files, but I couldn't access the
individual files.  Copying the files to a new directory, deleting the
old, and renaming the new fixed the problem.  I could never tie this
behavior back to any sort of an event.

Backup is your friend, even with a journaling fs.

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area
if you fill your heart with regrets of yesterday and the