On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 03:10:16AM +0200, Renat Golubchyk wrote:
> On Friday 08 August 2003 02:00, Adam Scriven wrote:
> I'm not sure whether I understand it right, but if you just want to build a
> compile farm you could use ClusterKnoppix (Knoppix with OpenMosix kernel).
> http://bofh.be/clusterknoppix/

Yeah, I could use clusterknoppix, but some of the hardware I'm thinking about
is very old and not supported.  It seems like a bit of a bloated solution,
when a lot of the computers will be headless.
I may use it as a temporary solution, just to test the cluster setup I have to
make sure it works, but I would much rather roll-my-own in the end.

> I don't know whether it includes distcc and ccache, but there was some talk
> about this on a debian mailing list. If it is not included you could add it
> yourself - just follow the instructions on the Knoppix website. Yeah, and
> Google is your friend :-)

Well, I'm kinda wondering about distcc and ccache.  I've got both running now
over the cluster, but I'm wondering if that's overkill, or if they will
interfere with the cluster's functioning.

Right now, with only one node (and so no process migration), everything is
working fine, and is stable as a rock.

Thanks Renat!
Adam