On 15 Aug 2003 at 11:39, Mark Knecht wrote:

> > Thanks Spider and Mark.
> > I tried emerge -Cp gnome and got this result

> > emerge -Cp gnome

> > !!! Couldn't find match for gnome

> Hi,
>    I was being a bit to literal. I think you need to discover exactly what
> packages are installed on your system, and then uninstall those. This page
> shows the base Gnome packages. Which do you have installed?
>
> http://www.gentoo.org/dyn/pkgs/gnome-base/index.xml
>
> Maybe you actually need emerge -Cp gnome-base/gnome
>
> I'm not sure.

before posting the mail, I actually went thru qpkg -I -i  list and unmerged each pkg
that
has a gnome in its name or refers to gnome in its description. Still I had the same
problems. However, after a emerge depclean, the problem is gone. now i don't see any
gnome stuff when i try to upgrade world.

R'twick