On Friday 15 August 2003 09:19 pm, William Kenworthy wrote:
> What gives?
>
> rattus# emerge -e --deep world -p|wc
>     135     534    5612
> rattus# wc /var/cache/edb/world
>     608     608   11445 /var/cache/edb/world
> rattus#
>

> Ran regenworld, which added one package to the world file, but none
> to the emerge -e
>
> I want to make a major change to my system, and recompile all the
> packages, but it looks like emerge can only see less than a quarter
> of them.  At one time, there was a script that did a good job of
> running a system wide rebuild, but it stopped working - is there a
> current one that does a good job?
>
> BillK

Bill,
        First of all, please start a new thread rather than replying to an old
one and then changing the subject. This messes up email threading
something fierce.
        Thast said, after reading your post I decided to try for myself to see
if there were discrepancies as you pointed out.

 # wc /var/cache/edb/world
    108     108    2080 /var/cache/edb/world
 # emerge -e --deep world -p|wc
    388    1549   16617

I seem to be off in the other direction. What gives here?
--
Regards, Ernie
100% Microsoft and Intel free