Lines are the first field of wc.  This perhaps answers Ernies question,
but not mine - where emerge shows many less packages than the world
file.  So where is emerge getting its info?

There are also a number of bugs in bugzilla that may apply to this -
basicly inconsistencies in a number of areas, none exactly like this.

BillK

--
William Kenworthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>