Jorge Almeida wrote:
> Has anyone managed to get audacity-1.1.3 working? I emerged it with
> USE="-gtk2" and it compiles, but it spills out error messages on
> opening. I searched the foruns and someone had the same problem
> (http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=64480&highlight=audacity)
> but got no replies...
> Moreover, the help system is broken (file
> audacity-help.htb doesn't exist).
> TIA,
>
> --
> Jorge Almeida

I don't have it in front of me, but I believe I have Audacity 1.1.3 working.
I run straight KDE and QT, though, not GTK and Gnome.

With a broken help, I'd suggest a re-install of audacity to see if that
clears up some of your problems.

In Harmony's Way, and In A Chord,

Tom  :-})

Thomas A. Condon
Barbershop Bass Singer
Registered Linux User #154358
Interfere not in the business of Dragons,
For you are crunchy when flamed and taste good.