On Thu, 21 Aug 2003, Condon Thomas A KPWA wrote:

> Jorge,
>
> > Nope. I also run KDE, and I installed audacity twice before posting. I
> > tried again with CFLAGS="-O2" and it didn't get better... Maybe
> > something to do with drivers or something like that (but how is one
> > supposed to know?). I use alsa.
> > Thanks anyway.
> >  --
> > Jorge Almeida
>
> Hmm.  One of my Audacity installations is on a SuSE system.  The other is a
> Gentoo PPC.  Both have worked well for recording, although the sound on the
> SuSE system isn't set up right so it has a warble to it when played on
> *that* system, but .mp3 files created there work when played on any other
> system.
>
> Somewhere in my hazy memory (getting old stinks) I seem to recall debugging
> some compile option problems on the PC system, but it has been more than a
> year and I'm not clear on what they were.  Some dependency that was weird...

Maybe the help problem lies in some fault with the ebuild (I don't have
the skills to check this kind of thing). Perhaps someone who have it
installed in a PC will reply.  As to the rest, can you tell me what sound
server do you use? aRts? I wouldn't be surprised if I'm doing something
wrong regarding the global sound setup, it's not easy to get information
about such things.
Regards,
 -- Jorge Almeida