Jorge,

> Nope. I also run KDE, and I installed audacity twice before posting. I
> tried again with CFLAGS="-O2" and it didn't get better... Maybe
> something to do with drivers or something like that (but how is one
> supposed to know?). I use alsa.
> Thanks anyway.
>  --
> Jorge Almeida

Hmm.  One of my Audacity installations is on a SuSE system.  The other is a
Gentoo PPC.  Both have worked well for recording, although the sound on the
SuSE system isn't set up right so it has a warble to it when played on
*that* system, but .mp3 files created there work when played on any other
system.

Somewhere in my hazy memory (getting old stinks) I seem to recall debugging
some compile option problems on the PC system, but it has been more than a
year and I'm not clear on what they were.  Some dependency that was weird...

Sorry I can't be more helpful.  Have you asked the Audacity list?

In Harmony's Way, and In A Chord,

Tom  :-})

Thomas A. Condon
Barbershop Bass Singer
Registered Linux User #154358
Interfere not in the business of Dragons,
For you are crunchy when flamed and taste good.