On Tue, 2003-08-26 at 21:55, Mark Knecht wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-08-26 at 16:11, Ron wrote:
>
> > I can see your approach solving the problem I had.  running /sbin/lilo
> > only gave me error messages, hdax is not bootable or could not find hdax
> > in fstab.
>
> hdax should be replaced with something like hda7 or hda9. Using fdisk
> you can find the partition number and fix that pretty easily.
>
> Cheers,
> Mark

Ok LOL!
I guess I have to learn about communicating with other users as well as
learn about LInux and Gentoo! I used the "x" instead of the partition
number as a place holder only, thinking that the actual number would not
mean much to anyone who did not know my partition setup. I should have
used "hda5" and did when trying to configure lilo.  Sorry about the
confusion.
.
--
Ron