Well so far it's been working for me. Knock on Cyber wood.. :p

I used it for the initial install and the the upgrade from 2.4.20r5 to r6.

Also added some Netfiter modular support via "genkernel --config" which is just like
"make
menuconfig".

So far so good. Yes, I agree that there should be some better documentaion on it sense
they kindof
braig it up a bit in the Install doc. I think they're just marketing genkernel toward
noobs such
as myself that are new to compiling a kernel. :D

Hopefully at a minimum it stays somewhat stable.

JBanks