Hello everybody, here are some doubts I have.

1. In my /etc/make.conf, I have "-O3" for CFLAGS, but I see that some packages
still compile using "-O2". Is this behavior intentional, for example because
the package or ebuild author thinks that using "-O3" whit that package would
be unsafe?
Sometimes also I see, while a package is being compiled, that the compilation
command line has both "-O2" and "-O3" in it. In this case, what is the
optimization actually used?

2. Since a recent Nvidia kernel module update, two or three days ago, I see
the following line in my log when I start X:

Sep 10 08:40:08 kermit kernel: 0: nvidia: loading NVIDIA Linux x86 nvidia.o
Kernel Module  1.0-4363  Sat Apr 19 17:46:46 PDT 2003
Sep 10 08:40:09 kermit kernel: 0: NVRM: not using NVAGP, AGPGART is loaded!!

I've not recompiled the kernel recently, and glxinfo still says direct
rendering is enabled. Should I worry about that message?

3. In the virtual console I launch X from, KDE often writes some warning, like
these:

WARNING: KDE detected X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) \x08

Major opcode:  *
WARNING: KDE detected X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) \x08
Major opcode:  *
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KActionCollection::KActionCollection( QObject
*parent, const char *name, KInstance *instance )
QDate::setYMD: Invalid date 139534236-1093768487--1073750552

Apart from this, everything semms to work fine. Should I worry about this?

Thanks
Davide