Matthias F. Brandstetter wrote

Why not to keep all gentoo-user mails? I use maildir/ and have more
than 20.000 -user mails on my disk. They take less than 100MB space,
and IMHO this is nothing today.

Other pros for a local archiv: You don't have to connect to the
archiv, you can search in several ways for mails (ee. with file utils
on the cmd line, they are always "online" ...)

ok, just my 2 cents :)
Greetings, Matthias

Hi

I am new to Linux and even newer to mailing lists.  How do you save the
mailing-list emails?  Do you move them to a folder in your mail program
or do you have a separate directory you use?  I like the idea as I have
also deleted things I later wished I still had!

Thank-you

--
Ron
[EMAIL PROTECTED]