On 2003.09.14 14:56, Ron wrote:
Matthias F. Brandstetter wrote

Why not to keep all gentoo-user mails? I use maildir/ and have more
than 20.000 -user mails on my disk. They take less than 100MB space,
and IMHO this is nothing today.

Using imap, it takes a rediculously long time to open mailboxes over my connection from school (where I am) to home (where IMAP server is).

Other pros for a local archiv: You don't have to connect to the
archiv, you can search in several ways for mails (ee. with file utils
on the cmd line, they are always "online" ...)

ITs usually not an issue with most people to pop over to google and do a search for what you need. you could always specify the address of the archives with the site: paramater.

--

Chris I

Life's the same, except for the shoes.
- The Cars