Hi!

Recently I bought Gentoo 1.4 and installed it on my 2nd HD's free space
(WD - 80G) wanting to have a slow transition from SuSE to Gentoo (to keep old
mail, news ..).

I emerged binary packages of X & KDE and then started to slowly emerge
other components.

However, three days ago, my old HD (IBM) started to *die* and I can
clearly hear the sounds of imminent death.

Now I bought a new HD - 120 G while my /home partition is on WD
(together with Gentoo install.)

Today I'm going to trash my old IBM HD (together with SuSE :-) and
install a new one, so I'm thinking about LVM install.

Do you recommend it for two HDs (120G & 80G) install on home machine?

(the 80G HD I'd like to use mostly for future video-editing and I'm
used to have Reiser fs on my partitions - except /boot.)

In Gentoo's LVM docs it is recommended NOT to put
/etc
/lib
/mnt
/proc