Am Montag, 15. September 2003 18:12 schrieb ext Gour:
> Dirk Heinrichs ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> > Both LVM2 and EVMS2 use Sistina's Device Mapper which has been
> > integrated into 2.6 in favor of LVM1.
>
> What do you recommend: LVM2 or EVMS2 since both use the same Device
> Mapper?

Depends on what you want to achieve. If you just want logical volumes, LVM
(I ommit the "2") is fine. EVMS gives you much more. It handles the whole
process from partitioning to fs creation in one single program (either
ncurses or gtk based). It also has so called feature plugins, which perform
special tasks on a per volume basis (i.e. I use the BBR plugins on all
volumes on a laptop).

Maybe you should take a look at http://evms.sourceforge.net and decide for
yourself.

OTOH, you could just start with LVM and switch over to EVMS later. It has a
plugin for LVM volumes.

HTH...

        Dirk
--
Dirk Heinrichs          | Tel:  +49 (0)151 1513 6954
Configuration Manager   | Fax:  +49 (0)211 47068 111