Marius Mauch wrote:
Now the fact that fixpackages is so slow is because to update this
information the .tbz2 needs to be uncompressed, then the information can
be updated and then it needs to be recompressed. This takes some time
for 1 or 2 GB of data. I'm currently trying to optimize the code a bit,
but I think for a dramatic improvement we would have to drop the current
.tbz2 format (so we can save the uncompress-recompress steps) itself
which is unlikely to happen anytime soon.

I would have thought only the uncompressed tbz2-specific tail has to changed, not the tbz part. Do I miss anything here?

Regards
        Stephan