On Thursday 18 September 2003 00:26, Collins Richey wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 16:56:09 +0200
>
> Vincent Rubiolo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Thank you Jason and Patrick for your advices. I am going to dl the ISOs
> > for the live cds and install GRP at first.
> > Jason : RTC is a french name for dialup connection (sorry, I thought it
> > was a standard, having different meanings in french ang english though,
> > like GSM)
> >
> > Another last question : how big is a freshly rsync'ed portage tree?
> >
> > Thanks again.
>
> du -s shows my tree to be 654232 .

That's including distfiles.

bash-2.05b# du -s portage/
1647793 portage
bash-2.05b# du -s portage/distfiles/
1422494 portage/distfiles

That put's portage at about 220mb. However, the download is always compressed
and only the changes are sent (as well as a small amount of data to figure
out what has changed).

Jason