On Sunday 28 Sep 2003 00:27, Andrew Jennings wrote:
> > Boy do I feel stupid. Never crossed my mind that these were
> > place holder, I figured Gentoo has a different idea....
> >
> > it works now.
>
> I don't want to sound like an ass, but just as an fyi..
>
> The install doc does pretty clearly state that you need to alter the
> values of BOOT/ROOT/SWAP to reflect the actual partition names.
>
> Just an fyi.. Good luck in the future though

Just another point about this one... I do have /dev/root (lowercase) in
my fstab because I use KDE.  /dev/root is always right in fstab because
root= is set in grub or lilo.

If you use the physical partition device for / in fstab, you'll find you
have two entries for root in KwikDisk and KDiskFree, which I always
found an annoyance.

Peter