On Monday 29 September 2003 07:57 pm, Peter Ruskin wrote:
> On Tuesday 30 Sep 2003 00:03, Norbert Kamenicky wrote:
> > >But when I open the Gimp and goto File>>>, Open>>>, <some .png
> > > or .jpeg file> and then right click on the image and choose
> > > "File" there's no "print" selection.
>
> Same here :-(
>
> > I didn't follow any guide ...  I follow it only if something goes
> > wrong :-) I just emerged cups, foomatic gimp and gimp-print,
> > and configured printer (via http://localhost:631).
>
> I have all those
>
> > The only extra things I had to do is to copy PPD file for my
> > printer from RH cups-drivers-xx.rpm (lots of printers defined
> > here !) to /usr/share/cups/model directory before start of
> > configure and start cupsd.
>
> Did that too - I still can't find a print command
>
> Peter

I had the same problems a while back. I'm not positive but if memory
serves, I added "cups" to my use variables and remerged gimp,
gimp-print, foomatic and ghostscript. After that and then restarting
cupsd, the print option was there in gimp the next time I started it.
I seem to remember a reboot at that time too, though restarting cupsd
should do it.
--
Regards, Ernie
100% Microsoft and Intel free