On Saturday 11 October 2003 07:57 am, Rick [Kitty5] wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am wanting to use one of my gentoo box's to filter spam from several pop3
> accounts I have.
>
> Am thinking the simplest solution would be some kind of transparent pop3
> proxy that picks up email from the online pop3 accounts, runs them by spam
> assassin and then feeds them to the email client on my network.
>
> Any suggestions for making this happen or ideas for accomplishing the same
> end result?

My personal desktop is KDE running KMAIL. Rather than run yet another proxy on
the server... I decided to do the filtering locally. BOGOFILTER is a perfect
match for Kmail... something like "bacon and eggs"...

If you are dead set to runnign Spamassassin, it works GREAT... as long as the
rbl's upstream play fair.

                     Registered Linux User Number 185956
          http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&safe=off&group=linux
This email account no longers accepts attachments or messages containing html.
     4:11pm  up 10 days, 20:04,  7 users,  load average: 0.14, 0.07, 0.06