On 14 Oct 2003, at 10:25 am, Rick [Kitty5] wrote:

Could I suggest a slightly alternative setup?
http://dev.gentoo.org/~spider/local-mail-0.3.0/local-email.html

That's what I have in mind for my last ditch solution, but if at all
possible
I would rather not have to go to the trouble of setting up a stack of local
mail boxes :|

From `man fetchmail`, Configuration Examples:

poll pop.provider.net proto pop3
user "jsmith", with password secret1, is "jsmith" here;
poll other.provider.net proto pop2:
user "John.Smith", with password "My^Hat", is "John.Smith" here;

I don't know exactly what you're trying to do, but if you're trying to download from several POP3 mailboxes, all of which are to be read by yourself you just keep the "is "yourusename" here" bit the same for each pop server.

Fetchmail can deliver these either straight to your mbox file or maildir, or pass it on to an MTA for filtering. You can read these mailboxes with kMail (or whatever) on the local machine, or tell a mailserver to serve them so you can access from another machine.

HTH,

Stroller.