On Fri, 17 Oct 2003, Matthias F. Brandstetter wrote:

> Ok you're right, that's true ... what brings me back to my original
> question: How to provide one central storage (MySQL, Filesystem (via NFS?)
> or whatever) for all mails and all mail servers?

Have you considered coda (http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu/), a replicating
network filesystem.  I've never used it or looked at it in detail, other
than seeing it in the network filesystem options in the kernel, so you'll
have to see if it's what you want.  Though if it's as good as it sounds,
it's undoubtedly safer than raid1 over NFS.

--
Marshal Newrock, unemployed Linux user in Lansing, MI
Caution: Product will be hot after heating