On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 03:59:22PM +0100, Mike Williams wrote:

> On Friday 17 October 2003 15:49, Matthias F. Brandstetter wrote:
>
> > Hmm.. Ok, that's a good point. But then I still have the problem with the
> > central mail storage :(
>
> What's wrong with NFS?
> Hell, I've run a system with 16 machines doing mail all sharing an NFS export
> and mbox's!

It doesn't scale (with mbox) to hundreds of machines, and many
implementations of NFS on non-linux systems don't implement file-locking
properly, which especially hurts mbox.

Doing maildir over NFS is a perfectly valid way to do this, but you end
up with at least three boxes... a highly redundant NFS file server and
mail servers tied to it.

--
Nate Duehr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>