It seems to be working fine here:

Linux poo.home.local 2.6.0-test8 #1 SMP Sat Oct 18 20:16:43 EDT 2003
i686 AMD Athlon(tm) MP 2400+ AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux

I'm using scsi emulation for my Plextor PX-708A, and haven't had any
troubles burning under the 2.6.0-test8 kernel. ALSA seems to be playing
nicely, and even the nvidia kernel module seems to be happy.

I don't have ipv6, but that's just because I'm not really ready to start
playing with it yet.

Sean