On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 09:17:59 +0900
Jason Stubbs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Monday 20 October 2003 06:39, Collins Richey wrote:
> > I have beta8 running just fine, but I never use ipv6, so I can't comment on
> > that.  All I did was copy over my .config from -test6 (I skipped -test7),
> > make menuconfig (load and save), and generate the kernel as normal.  No
> > glitches of any sort, at boot time or later.
>
> You would be much safer to use make oldconfig. That will do a make config but
> automatically answer any questions it can by reading the .config file you
> copied. Basically, this will ask you want you want for any new options added
> to the kernel.

So I took a little advice from both, downloaded a new copy and ran make oldconfig. I
am still not able to get this to compile. I get

net/built-in.o(.text+0x536f5): In function 'ipip6_rcv':
: undefined reference to '__secpath_destroy'
make: *** [.tmp_vmlinux] Error 1

and then it dies. If I remove the IP6 option from my config file, it will compile but
the kernel will still not boot past initializing my CD-RW.