Hi,

I just got gentoo installed on a Compaq Presario 714ea notebook. Well, I knew that this wasn't the best laptop I could buy for a Linux installation (Mobile Duron 1ghz, 128 mb ram, etc.), but I got it at a very good price. So... It's my 4th or 5th gentoo installation. Everything went straight forward. It still took a whole night to compile things from stage3 (using GRP until emerge sync!, then compiling, computer got realy hot!). You could ask why I did emerge sync? Well, because my desktop is not quite common. I'm using XFCE-4 ! So I did emerge sync, then emerge xfce4. Everything went ok. I got to sleep and woke up this morning and installed Mozilla, XMMS, etc.

But, still, I have a problem with ACPI. It doesn't work (or doesn't seem to work). Does someone has some experience about ACPI with Gentoo? Please tell me how I can do to check my batteries (the panel plugin xfce4-battery always crash). Put the computer into sleep?

Thanks. BTW. I will tell my desktop experience with XFCE-4 to the gentoo-desktop-research list.

Fabien