http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=speed+%22-Os%22+%22-O
2%22&btnG=Google+Search

I've been thinking about doing the same thing you are for a little while.
Basically from what I've seen in 2.95 Os was a little faster than O2 in alot
of cases.  In 3.2 this isn't true, but in 3.3 it swings back so that using
Os could pick up some speed.  I'm going to wait until 3.3 is stable until I
do a mass recompile again.