see http://wdk.dyndns.org/flags.png.

Guess which one is -Os, 5th is -O3.  Far right is:
"-Wno-deprecated -O2 -pipe -Wall -funroll-loops -fprefetch-loop-arrays
-finline-limit=1200 -falign-functions=32"

10 runs per flag combination, spikes are because its on a server in use.

-Os is consistently as bad as this, but it is impossible to try every
combination.  Other flags can vary depending on the application used for
testing, cpu etc.

This is part of a project I am doing and more detail will be available
when finished (some of the runs shown here are not representative of
previous runs - consistency with the small differences some flags make
is a problem on an in-use system over long time spans).  Note that a
graph like this takes ~10 hours to run, and many more to test and set
up.  It has been done using a perl driver script to manage the process.

Note that I am on a dialup, so accessing the png may be a bit slow.

BillK