On Thursday 23 October 2003 4:34 pm, Kevin Miller, Jr. wrote:

> Sorry, I actually removed the whole kernel and vowed to wait for the stable
> version to be released.  Now I am getting my nerves back for another
> attempt this week.
>
> Here are my 2.4 .config:
Some questions:

1. Is this the current working config on the computer you want 2.6 on?

2. Can you describe what exactly happened when you tried to boot 2.6.0-test8?

3. Is this kernel 2.4 config the one you tried with 2.6, or did you start from
scratch??

4. Do you want everything in this 2.4 kernel actually working in 2.6- I mean
do you require all the modules, and compiled in support, or can stuff be
eliminated. 2.6's aren't perfect, and elimating some unecessary modules might
allow a boot?

In otherwords, can you list things that absolutely must be supported on your
present system configuration?

I can send you a working 2.6.0-test8 config file, but it is very lean- you
would need to edit in your cpu, and other items you need. Let me know if
you'd like that.

Robert C.