Serial ATA, a new standard for periferals.

http://www.serialata.org/

Biker

                      "Mike Diehl

                      (Encrypted email         To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      preferred)"              cc:       (bcc: Gustav
Schaffter/CDS/CG/CAPITAL)
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        Subject:  Re: [gentoo-user] A7V600
SATA - Is this supported by a Gentoo kernel?
                      dyndns.org>

                      24-10-2003 08:00

                      Please respond to

                      gentoo-user

On Tuesday 14 October 2003 05:28 pm, Andreas Roedl wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Am Dienstag, 14. Oktober 2003 20:16 schrieb Mark Knecht:
> > I think someone must be using this board? Have you had good results?
Easy
> > or difficult to install Gentoo?
>
> I just bought an Asus A7V600 SATA board where the SATA controller is
> included in the southbridge and realized that its impossible to get it
> working under Linux. The day after I bought the Asus A7N8X Deluxe which
is
> equipped with a Silicon Image 3112 Chip and it works pretty well.

So I have a dumb question.  What is SATA?

Thanx,
Mike.