On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 08:40:00 +0200
Jimmy Rosen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> whenever you've got the time. Sometimes I've run into serious
> problems, such as the KDE update from hell, but even that could be

I had a "KDE update from hell" with another distro, but I would enjoy to
know how yours on Gentoo was ;)
My "KDE update from hell" was what moved me to reconsider Gentoo as my
distro of choice.

Furthermore if you run an openmosix cluster you should have some
experience on large deployment of Gentoo. All equal boxes? Uni don't
have too many money... they surely will be different boxes... How do you
manage them?

I read there are a couple of ut/scripts around to automate/ease the
initial partition/chroot/setup procedure. What is the current status of
these things?

ooh yeah I'm planning to use Gentoo for my desktop as well so the uptime
question has no meaning in this context...

Any developer around who has to keep perl, python, gtk, qt, glibc, gcc,
updated had any trouble in the last 6 months?

And last but not least since Gentoo is unique on each box you install it
depending on the USE, CFLAGS, packages you chose, you can't just insert
a DVD inside and reinstall from scratch.

My rough idea was to burn a "personalized" stage3 once in a while, how?
any better solution?