begin  quote
On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 16:37:28 +1000
"Alan Watson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried to install Gnome using:
>
> emerge -k gnome
>
> I was connected to the internet so packages were being downloaded if
> not on my PC. Everything seemed to be going fine but after a
> considerable amount of time the install seemed to fail with the
> following error mesages:
>
> You need mozilla-1.4+ compiled against gtk+-2
> export USE="gtk2": emerge mozilla -P
> !!! Error:net-www/epiphany-1.0 failed
> !!! Function pkg-setup, line 42, exit code 0
> !!! Need Mozilla compiled with gtk+-2.0!!
>
> Can anyone tell me how to fix the problem, and do I have to compile
> Gnome again from scratch? Or can I continue from where I left off? If
> so how?

The problem is that Gnome's webbrowser, Epiphany, requires mozilla to be
built with gtk2.

As you see in the message, you need to run :

export USE="gtk2"
emerge mozilla

After that its just to continue with "emerge -k gnome" again, and it
will resume where it left off.

//Spider

--
begin  .signature
This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!