> setiathome, and whatever gconf/benobo stuff is left over after Evolution
Are you sure you don't have a temperature problem. I've seen the same when my
system overheated. (was running setiathome). setiathome and other simillar
programs use the idle time of your cpu, so your cpu are running at 100 % all
the time. It might be that there are a minute buildup of heat, and that after
6 months the heat has risen to a level where the hung appear.
When you get hangs like this it's often a hardware problem. If you take a look
at the mail list archive, hangs like this has been reported before.
--
Sigurd Stordal
President of GOGS