Hi

I am basically a FreeBSD guy but need to install a Linux server for some special java stuff.

I installed a aa-sources kernel using gentoo 1.4-release stage3 non GRP on a dual athlon 2800+ system gigabyte MB with 3gig RAM.

I would like to know what I have to do to have the kernel recognize all 3 gig of RAM.

When I boot the kernel that was configured using "genkernel --config" and set the "user addressable RAM" parameter under the CPU sectiom to 2 GB, I get

Warning only 1920MB will be used.
Use a HIGHMEM enabled kernel.
1920MB LOWMEM available.

If I set that to 3gb, the system won't boot. I get to LILO I boot (my entry is called "Gentoo") and it says

Please enlighten me on what I need to do to have the system use the 3gb.

Thanks
Chad