On Thu, 2003-11-13 at 16:09, Matt Chorman wrote:

> On Wednesday 12 November 2003 10:29 pm, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
> > I have ebuilds for most of the required things already (all of them as
> > of last time I build xserver, two weeks ago), available on
> > dev.gentoo.org/~spyderous/overlay/. Distfiles are available in the same
> > place.
>
> Is there anything to watch out for when using these ebuilds? Do they coexist
> nicely with xfree86? (I'm guessing by the tone of your email that they do
> not).. Any docs on what to do yet? I've been wanting to play around with
> kdrive but have not wanted to kill anything in the process.. (I do have
> vmware so if nothing else I will install gentoo in this - I just want to play
> and test..)

The ebuilds cannot be used at the same time as xfree86 without
modification of the installation directories and prefixes within the
ebuild.

For docs, see xlibs.freedesktop.org, xserver.freedesktop.org, and the
xserver mailing list.

If you want to play, feel free to quickpkg xfree, emerge -C xfree, then
install all the needed xlibs and xserver.