On Sat, Nov 15, 2003 at 04:39:56PM -0500, Ric Messier wrote:
> Bit of a red herring, actually. If I can walk up to your system, it won't
> matter whether I can hit Ctrl-Alt-Bksp to get into your account or not. If I
> have physical access to your box, I own it. Period.
>
> Ric

So you are having people run xinit on their own then?  If you run
xdm/gdm/kdm instead, the user will normally not login at the
console, so killing X won't yield access.

> > >  From 'man XF86Config':
> > >
> > > Option "DontZap"  "boolean"
> > >  This disallows the use of the Ctrl+Alt+Backspace sequence.
> > >  That sequence is normally used to terminate the X server.
> > >  When this option is enabled, that key sequence has no
> > >  special meaning and is passed to clients.  Default: off.

You might also want to use DontVTSwitch.  From the same man page:

    Option "DontVTSwitch"  "boolean"
        This disallows the use of the Ctrl+Alt+Fn sequence (where Fn refers to
        one of the numbered function keys).  That sequence is normally used to
        switch to another virtual terminal on operating systems that have this
        feature.  When this  option is enabled, that key sequence has no
        special meaning and is passed to clients.  Default: off.

    - richard

--
Richard Kilgore
[EMAIL PROTECTED]