Thank a lot Joel... I think I finally solved it. I think it was a DNS related problem. It seems that my DNS servers were working with a lot of delay, and that amsn tolerated better this delay. As soon as I changed the DNS servers the problem disappeared.

    Regards
    Jose

Joel Wright wrote:
I had this problem a few days back, tried everything to fix it and came
up with nothing, but the problem mysteriously went away the next day.

amsn never failed to work,

sorry I can't help,
but you're not going mad,
good luck,