> > this is probably caused by them being larger than about
> > 300MB. Mine's about
> > a gig.
>
> Hmm, one of mine just grew over 300m.. I really hate Microsoft and their
> programmers

Well, I typically have them around 500M with no problems at all. My wife
runs just below 2G and the only time she has serious problems are when she
pops over the 2G level. So, doesn't sound like you can blame Microsoft and
their programmers exclusively.

> >    I wanted to install some form of imap and look into moving my mail
> > storage there as a precursor to totally dropping Windows at
> > work sometime
> > after the start of the year. I think my first step would be
> > to get something
> > like this installed, working, and then make sure I can get it
> > backed up as
> > well.

IMAP is a bit odd and can take some getting used to.

> Man I wish I could do that.
>
> >    Anyone have an opinion (on this board? no way!) ;-) about whether
> > courier-imap or cyrus-imap would be a better choice for me?
>
> Courier seems to be better.. Faster.. I have used both.. cyrus uses the
> mbox format and your back to using huge files again  and the problems that
> go with it.

Actually, the one that has worked best for me is UW-Imap. Comes with Pine.

Ric