On Monday 01 December 2003 09:33, Noir wrote:
> Folks, thanks heaps. It's working fine taking me to run level 3.  But there
> are still some boot messages I grep'd from /var/log/syslog
>
> Nov 30 15:57:52 localhost kernel: kmod: failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k
> scsi_hostadapter, errno = 2 Nov 30 15:57:52 localhost last message repeated
> 2 times
> Nov 30 15:57:52 localhost kernel: Failed initialization of WD-7000 SCSI
> card!

Not sure on this one.

> Nov 30 15:57:52 localhost kernel: Trying to move old root to /initrd
> ... failed
> Nov 30 15:57:52 localhost kernel: Unmounting old root

If you put an initrd line in your grub.conf, you probably don't need it.

> Also, checking the /bin & /sbin I know the system is installed w/ less than
> bare minimum tools. Stuffs like mutt/ postfix/ procmail/ fetchmail/ vim
> etc. are not installed yet. I did some installation for lynx/ netcat/
> iptables etc. w/ emerge -k. But is there any way to  have a system w/
> bare-minimum stuffs w/o typing emerge -k 100 times!

Hehehe, it seems your idea of the bare minimum is somewhat less bare than
Gentoo's opinion. mutt/postfix/procmail/fetchmail/vim etc. are all not
installed because there are alternatives for all of them. It's up to you what
you want on your system.

Jason