It came up in a discussion recently, how to uninstall packages and all reverse dependant packages as well.
How can this be achieved with portage? I know there is depclean but this does more than I want.

If you've got package A, A<-B, A<-C (x<-y meaning x depends on y) and you want to remove A, B and C should be removed too, given that there is no other package D<-C or D<-B

I think something like a dependancy counter would be great for each package. How does depclean decide which packages to remove?

kr,
Reinhard
--
Reinhard Brandstaedter   [EMAIL PROTECTED]  GPG: 0x033B81DB
-    Student of Computer Science - J.K. University of Linz     -