anh le wrote:
Hello gentoo user n helper :)

I installed gentoo linux 1.4 on an i686 but have 2 troubles

1- USB storage (I have a 32 MB memory stick)
I have install scsi mod, sd_mod, usbcore, usb-storage
(everything needed that I once read from forum)
I modprobe everything seem to be ok
but when I mount

---
mount /dev/sda1 -t vfat /mnt/flash
---
it fires back:

---
mount: /dev/sda1 is not a valid block device
---
then mknod /dev/sda1 b 8 1
also not helps

You need to rescan your SCSI-Bus for new devices (USB-Devies use the SCSI structur of th kernel ...

I do that job with a script from SuSE ... it is called rescan-scsi-bus.sh

here is it :
   http://www.garloff.de/kurt/linux/rescan-scsi-bus.sh
or have a look at google to find it

it creates for you the nodes and makes them usable ... (or update to Kernel 2.6 there is a new system which is working well ...)

######

2. I installed fetchmail, wrote a fetchmailrc with fetchall option

First I run fetchmail -cv (normal user) to see it work, but all my fetched
mail go nowhere,

I don't know where they've gone! already check /var/spool/mail/anh

My email on server still all there.

Perhaps your own (local) mailserver doesn't accept that mails ?

I don't know. I used fetchmail a long time ago ....

Martin