Hello,

I'm going to be putting another network card into my Gentoo box as soon
as Comcast goes live with the highspeed internet. Right now I'm using:

Ethernet controller: Lite-On Communications Inc LNE100TX (rev 20)
Subsystem: Netgear FA310TX

I will be adding a 3Com 3C905-TX (Rev A) as the second network card.

1) Can I just follow the same instructions within the Intial Gentoo
Install guide to get this Second card to work and,

2) Is there any recommendations (do's/don'ts) as to mixing or matching
when using multiple network cards? I'm assuming Linux will take
anything that you can plug into it just about.. :P

3) The network card connecting to the cable modem will negotiating at
10baseT-HD or 10Mb half-duplex. The other nic on the internal lan will
be running at 100baseTX-HD. Are there any any foreseen horrors with
this type of setup (specifically downloading and file transfers going
from a 10Mb to 100Mb and vicea-versa) or is this a pretty common
scenario?

Thanks,
Joshua Banks