031210 Oliver Lange wrote:
> I just emerged rp-pppoe, but i can't get it running.
> After adsl-setup, running 'adsl-start' just hangs
> (tries to connect but tons of dots appear).

that happens when the distant ADSL server is down: are you sure it's up ?

> When i run 'adsl-setup' and 'adsl-start' from the gentoo LiveCD,
> everything works fine, but not if i boot from my installed gentoo system,
> so my best guess is that my kernel config is wrong somewhere.

always try the simple things first: do you have a proper 'adsl' script ?
my note on ADSL says to create a script 'adsl':

  # /etc/init.d/adsl
  #
  # Script to initialise the adsl connection
  depend () {
      need net.eth0 # Or whichever device needed for modem
  }

  start () {
    adsl-start
  }