On Thu, 2004-01-08 at 13:52, Mauro Arnoldi wrote:

> Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
> Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
> ERROR: Set Video Mode Failed
>   (Couldn't find matching GLX visual)
> *************************

The common theme appears to suggest you don't have a GLX driver
running.  GLX is the X's interface to OpenGL, a popular graphics
library.

Could you please tell me more about your hardware?  For example, what is
the brand and version of your graphics card?

If you have an nvidia based card, the section labelled 'Configuring your
NVIDIA Card' of this document might help:
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/desktop.xml

If you have an ati card the following may be useful:
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/desktop.xml

If you still have problems type glxinfo into a console and see what it
throws back.

Hope that helps,

-Ben.