On Jan 10 12:02, Andrew Gaffney wrote:
> Mike Arrison wrote:
> >    Recently, my emerge world has been getting really out of hand.  A week
> >or two ago it wanted to install apache2 for no particular reason.  Now,
> >among other things, it wants apache2, postgresql, php, metacity, and
> >development-sources.  None of these are in /var/cache/edb/world or
> >virtuals.
> >
> >    Below is the output of emerge -upvD world.  I frankly don't want any
> >of the packages marked as 'N' (new).  I've tried a regenworld to no
> >avail.  Where else should I be looking for these packages?
> >
> >    -Mike Arrison
>
> Did you just change your USE flags?

Good thought, but no.  In fact, I've tried a

USE="-gnome -gtk -gtk2 -apache2" emerge -upvD world

and I still get the same thing.  I don't think it's a flag thing.
Besides, what flag would trigger development sources?

Somehow portage thinks that those packages are not installed, but need
to be.  Besides /var/cache/edb/world and virtuals, where can I look?

    -Mike Arrison