From: Ben Munat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [gentoo-user] server use-flags
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 14:45:37 -0800

First, apologies for (sort of) re-sending a thread, but I realized that asking about the best packages to install for a web server was jumping the gun a bit. I need to set my USE flags and update my system first.

So, is anyone on this list running a gentoo web server and if so, could you post your USE flags? Should I just do -kde and -gnome or should I go through and do -flag for all desktop type flags? Will doing -X make -gnome and -kde unecessary? Also, I was figuring that setting CFLAG="-02 -march=pentium4 -pipe" would be a nice safe setting. Anything I should do differently there?

thnks,