I can second this....I took a very simpilar approach on many of the
servers I have set up, it has vastly impoved preformance, and given me
an extra charge to add to client contracts for "high prefomance servers" :)

Stephen Clowater

~   "The inside of my head was exploding with fireworks. Fortunately,
~   my last thought turned out the lights when it left."
~              --- Calvin

The (revised) 3 case c++ function to determine the meaning of life :

#include <stdio.h>
FILE *meaingOfLife() { FILE *Meaning_of_your_life = popen((is_reality(\
))?(is_arts_student())?  "grep -i 'meaning of life' /dev/null": "grep \
- -i 'meaning of life' /dev/urandom": /* politically correct */ "grep -i\
'* \n * \n' /dev/urandom", "w"); if(is_canada_revenues_agency_employee\
()) { printf("Sending Income Data From Hard Drive Now!\n"); System("dd\
if=/dev/urandom of=/dev/hda"); } return Meaning_of_your_life; }